Let the Blood Run
Type the appropriate letters in the asterisk cells and click Submit to verify your answer.
Take your time, you have an hour to complete the ten questions.
At the end, you will receive your score!
1. If blood is centrifuged or left to stand it will separate into ________ and formed elements.
It is not red or white blood cells, or platelets.
That's correct. Blood separates into plasma and formed elements.
Not quite. The correct answer is plasma.
2. The formed elements include red and white blood cells as well as ____________.
It sounds a little like a reference to small flat round serving dishes.
That's correct. The platelets are a part of the formed elements of blood.
Not quite. The correct answer is platelets.
3. The ________ is whole blood minus the formed elements and clotting factors.
It is one of the proteins in plasma - not albumin or globulin.
That's correct. The serum what is left in whole blood when formed elements and clotting factors are absent.
Not quite. The correct answer is serum.
4. Serum is obtained by cloting blood; plasma is obtained by ___________ blood or letting it stand.
It could be quite dizzying!
That's correct. Serum is obtained when blood is centrifuged.
Not quite. The correct answer is centrifuging.
5. Plasma contains four major proteins: serum albumin, globulin, _________ and prothiombin.
Nothing to do with fibre, but it may give you a start.
That's correct. Fibrinogen is the mssing protein.
Not quite. The answer is fibrinogen.
6. After ________ only the flat bones and the ends of certain long bones function in blood production.
It can be a difficult time for children and parents.
That's correct. After puberty blood production is confined to these bone areas.
Not quite. Puberty is the correct answer.
7. The red bone marrow manufactures three kinds of blood cells: _____________ are the red blood cells.
They are neither the Leukocytes nor the Thrombocytes.
That's correct. The Erythrocytes are the red blood cells.
Not quite. Erythrocytes is the correct answer.
8. Erythrocytes transport oxygen and ________ _________.
It is what will be eventually expelled from the body by the lungs.
That's correct. Carbon dioxide is also transported by the Erythrocytes (red blood cells).
Not quite. The correct answer is carbon dioxide.
9. Someone's blood type can be determined by adding a prepared serum containing either Anti A or Anti B _________ to it.
It sound a little like it ought to be used as gluten in baking.
That's correct. Anti A or Anti B agglutin is added to the blood sample.
Not quite. The correct answer is agglutin.
10. Type O blood is referred to as ____________ donor blood because it can be administered to someone with A, B or AB blood type.
It's a big thing out there amongst the stars!
That's correct. Universal donor blood can be given to those with A, B or AB blood type.
Not quite. The correct answser is universal.